The world has changed drastically and now more employees are vaping than smoking. Employers have had no-smoking policies for years. However, what should you do and what are your legal requirements when employees try to vape electronic cigarettes in the workplace? Can you prohibit this? Should you have a policy prohibiting vaping. What are the state and local law requirements for employers regarding prohibiting vaping in the workplace? Can you refuse to hire someone because when they are not on duty they smoke or vape electronic cigarettes? The answers to these and other questions will be provided by employment law expert, Melissa Fleischer, Esq. Ms. Fleischer will address an employer’s legal responsibilities regarding employee who vape electronic cigarettes and will review recent legislation affecting an employer’s rights vis-à-vis employees who vape in the workplace.
Among the many takeaways from this conference, are the following:
- Gain a better understanding of what vaping of electronic cigarettes is and how it differs from smoking cigarettes
- Become aware of the state and local laws regarding prohibiting vaping of e-cigarettes in public places such as workplaces
- Learn about whether you should have a specific policy on vaping of e-cigarettes
- Understand what a policy prohibiting employees from vaping of e-cigarettes in the workplace should and should not include
- Gain insight into potential lawsuits that could come about from vaping in the workplace
- And much more!!!!
Who Should Attend?
- HR Professionals
- In-House Counsel
- VP of Human Resources