COVID-19 comes in waves and all of us in human resources have been impacted throughout the country. Whether your workforce is still working in the office or is all remote, you in HR still need a step by step guide for how to respond when you find out that one of your employees has tested positive for COVID-19. This webinar will provide you with an in-depth step by step plan for responding to this situation while ensuring legal compliance with the many laws that can be implicated including OSHA, CDC, FMLA, ADA/ADAAA and Worker’s Compensation. It will also provide steps to take to keep your workplace safe for your other workers and it will cover what you can and should tell authorities and what you should not tell them as well as communication with others in your workplace.
What You Will Learn in this Webinar:
- Step by Step guide to know how to handle an employee that has tested positive
- Understanding the CDC's rules on quarantine and isolation after testing positive or being exposed
- HR’s requirements to ensure compliance with the paid FMLA and paid sick leave laws
- How do state paid leave laws play into your compliance obligations
- Understand how to report to your worker’s compensation carrier if the employee contracted COVID while working
- Learn the leave of absence options you will have to provide to an employee with CVOID
- Understand steps for keeping your workplace safe and complying with OSHA rules and guidelines
- Best practices for communication with others in your workplace and authorities regarding the employee’s health condition
- And much more….