Avoiding Employer Liability
Cell phones have revolutionized our lives. But they can also cause many legal perils for employers today. For instance, what happens when your employees text while driving or talk on a work-related call without using a hands-free device? Injured parties often seek to hold the "deep pocket" employer liabile for their injuries caused by your employees. How can you protect your organization and protect against this liability. This on-line live webinar will provide you with the Do's and Don'ts for what your cell phone, texting and social media policies should include. It will also provide you with tips on drafting a cell phone and texting policy and best practices on implementing a cell phone and texting policy in your workplace to maximize avoiding employer liability.
This webinar will also provide tips on drafting and implementing a social media and blogging policy. In addition, use of cell phones by non-exempt employees can cause wage and hour Fair Labor Standards Act liability for employers when employees use such devices after-hours. This webinar will also address best practices for avoiding liability when non-exempt employees use cell phones after-hours.
What you will learn in our 60 minute on-line live webinar:
- Tips for Avoiding Employer Liability by Developing a Cell Phone and Texting Policy
- Do's and Don'ts for What Should Be Included in the Policy
- Review of Recent Cases Holding Employers Liable
- Tips for Developing a Blogging and Social Media Policy for Avoiding Employer Liability
- Dos and Donts For What Should Be Included in a Social Media Policy
- Blogger Beware! The Dangers of Failing to Draft Such a Policy
- Tips For Managing the Risks of Social Media Technology
- Revising Other Policies to Cover Social Media Issues to Avoid Employer Liability
- Training your Employees on your Cell Phone, Texting and Social Media Policy
- Best Practices for Avoiding FLSA Liability When Employees Use Smart Phones After-Hours
HR Learning Center's 60 minute on-line employment law training webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation on Avoiding Employer Liability
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session
This live on-line webinar is a must for all HR Professionals! Sign-up today on-line.
Call us at 914-417-1715 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org