Is there a Harvey Weinstein lurking in your workplace? Chances are there is. Although sexual harassment has been around for over fifty years, recently more and more women have been coming out with their stories and commencing lawsuits about harassment they have experienced in the workplace that has often been ignored, hidden or buried. Since the Harvey Weinstein story broke, many more women have come out and alleged that men in all different industries including many high-level executives have sexually harassed them. As more and more plaintiffs begin to speak out on their experiences, HR has to be prepared and know what to do to respond to these allegations and to prevent them from happening in the first place. Employment law expert, Melissa Fleischer, Esq., will update you on how to best respond to current harassment allegations that arise and on how to ensure that your organization is doing everything possible to prevent sexual and unlawful harassment in your organization.
Some of the Many Things You Will Learn During this Informative HR Webinar include:
- Your legal obligations under the law to prevent harassment in your workplace
- Mistakes employers have made with harassment that have cost them "big time"
- The types of harassment that can occur in the workplace
- Whether the person's "intent" is relevant
- How to respond properly to allegations of sexual and unlawful harassment in the workplace
- What if the alleged harasser, is your CEO or a "C" Suite Executive?
- Understanding your obligations regarding confidentiality
- Make sure that you comply with your obligation not to retaliate
- Properly investigating sexual and unlawful harassment complaints to protect your organization
- And much more
Who Will Benefit Most from This Preventing Sexual & Unlawful Harassment Webinar: