Medical Marijuana in the Workplace- HR Webinar
HR's obligations with regard to enforcing drug-free workplace policies in the face of new state laws legalizing medical and recreational marijuana use can be difficult to understand. These new state laws create a legal nightmare for HR with regard to how to handle situation in which employees may use marijuana while working or fail routine drug screenings. This can create more questions than answers for the HR Professional especially with regard to whether you are obligated under these state laws to provide accommodations for use of medical marijuana in your workplace. Since there have been few cases so far and some of the cases have upheld terminations of employees who used medical marijuana and failed a routine drug test, this issue needs to be thoroughly understood by HR.
Medical Marijuana Compliance
This webinar will help you make sense of it all as legal expert, Melissa Fleischer, Esq., reviews an employers' responsibilities vis-a-vis medical marijuana and provides guidance on the important issues of whether and/or how to accommodate medical marijuana usage under these new state laws.
SOME OF THE MANY TIPS YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS WEBINAR:
- An overview of the current state laws relating to medical marijuana
- Understanding the meaning of needing marijuana for medical usage under these laws
- Rules regarding medical marijuana usage in the workplace, including important tips on whether you must provide accommodations for such use
- Interaction of these new state medical marijuana laws and an employer's legal obligations under the employment laws
- How to handle employees' use of medical marijuana when conducting drug testing
- AND MUCH MORE!
HR Learning Center's 60 minute on-line employment law training HR Webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session