Medical Marijuana in the Workplace- HR Webinar
Are you allowed to refuse to hire an applicant who tests positive for marijuana on a pre-employment drug test? Are you even allowed to test for marijuana on a pre-employment drug test? Does an applicant have a right to sue you under your state’s medical marijuana act? The answers to these questions and many more will be provided in this important webinar. Courts have recently changed their positions on many of these issues and it is more important than ever that HR understands how to properly comply with the ever-changing laws on medical and recreational marijuana and to understand the changing legal tides in which courts are now holding in favor of applicants more and more.
HR's obligations with regard to enforcing drug-free workplace policies in the face of new state laws legalizing medical and recreational marijuana use can be difficult to understand. These new state laws create a legal nightmare for HR with regard to how to handle situation in which employees may use marijuana while working or fail routine drug screenings. This can create more questions than answers for the HR Professional especially with regard to whether you are obligated under these state laws to provide accommodations for use of medical marijuana in your workplace. The legal tides are changing and there have been several recent cases that have changed an employer's obligations that HR needs to understand.
This webinar will help you make sense of it all as legal expert, Melissa Fleischer, Esq., reviews an employers' responsibilities vis-a-vis medical marijuana and provides guidance on the important issues of whether and/or how to accommodate medical marijuana usage under these new state laws as well as providing an overview of the recent case law developments regarding medical marijuana.
This webinar will provide the answers to many important questions, such as:
- Does your state medical marijuana law allow an applicant to commence a private cause of action against you for failing to hire them
- Can you refuse to hire an applicant who test positive for marijuana when they have a medical marijuana ID care
- Are you still allowed to test for marijuana on a pre-employment drug test
- Is marijuana when used for medical purposes legal under federal law?
- Do you have to allow an employee who uses marijuana for medical purposes to be under the influence at work?
- Do you have to provide a reasonable accommodation under the ADA or your state disability law to an applicant who uses marijuana for medical reasons?
- And much more….!!!!
HR Learning Center's 60 minute on-line employment law training HR Webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session