Employment Law-HR Webinar
FMLA,ADA, ADEA, GINA and USERRA. Learn how to avoid Employment Law liability under each of these statutes. Find out how each of these laws interacts with the others to ensure that your company is in full Employment Law compliance and adequately protected. Learn how to protect your company and yourself (managers can be held personally liable under most state fair Employment Laws, for example underNew York States Human Rights Law). This Employment Law seminar will review the life cycle of Employment Law from hiring to firing and review the impact that each of the employment discrimination laws has on each phase of employment. Learn what you can legally say in your job postings, during interviews and in your employment application. Understand how to avoid discrimination in the workplace and how to prevent Employment Law liability for discrimination when terminating employees. This Employment Law Webinar is a must for all managers! A two-hour on-line Employment Law HR Webinar with ample time for questions and answers.
In this 2 hour on-line live Employment Law HR Webinar, you will:
- Learn about the federal, state and local employment laws and how they impact interviews.
- Learn about Pre-Employment Inquiries and What Questions are Lawful and Which Ones are Unlawful
- Learn about the ADAs prohibition on Pre-employment Physicals Until a Conditional Offer of Employment Has Been Made
- Develop an understanding of what information can be in an offer letter and what information should not be included in such a letter.
- Learn about the two different types of harassment including quid pro quo and hostile work environment
- Learn about sexual harassment as well as the other protected classes under federal and state law including age, race, disability, etc.
- Learn about theories of liability for harassment by co-workers as well as by supervisors
- Learn about eligibility requirements of the FMLA and ADA
- Become familiar with what a serious health condition is under FMLA as well as the definition of a disability under the ADA
- Learn about the recent amendments to the FMLA, ADA and the DOLs Revised FMLA Regulations
- Learn about intermittent and reduced-schedule leave under the FMLA
- Understand what a reasonable accommodation is under the ADA and about an employers need to engage in the interactive process under the ADA
- Learn how to Protect your company from liability for discrimination when terminating employees
- Become Familiar with Employment-at-Will Concepts
HR Learning Center's 2 hour on-line Employment Law training HR Webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session