Compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations requires an annual review and audit of your employment practices and policies including hiring, firing, wage and hour issues, avoiding discrimination in the workplace, leave of absence issues including FMLA and ADA, and avoiding negating employment-at-will of your employees, etc. Falling short on any of these factors can potentially create significant legal liability for your organization. Please join, Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law, in this informative HR Webinar as she takes you step-by-step through how to conduct an HR Audit which will provide you with a better understanding of the applicable employment laws and regulations and also provide you with a plan for ensuring compliance with federal and state legal requirements in your HR policies, forms and other documentation, and management on a day-to-day basis.
Some of the many tips you will learn:
- Problem areas for HR that you need to review to ensure legal compliance
- Legal pitfalls of hiring that you need to review to ensure you are doing it correctly
- Review of important policies that must be drafted correctly including Anti-Harassment, FMLA and Employment-at-Will Policies
- Identifying problematic wage and hour issues under the FLSA
- Ensuring you are in compliance with the revised 2019 FLSA proposed regulations
- Ensuring your practices avoid creating discrimination claims.
- How to identify "red flags" indicating that your current practices and procedures may be creating legal risk for your organization
- AND MUCH MORE!
Handouts You Will Receive When You Register for this Webinar:
- HR Audit Checklist
- Employee Handbook Checklist
- Checklist of Record Retention Requirements
Who Should Attend our HR Webinars?
- General Counsel
- HR Professionals
- VP of HR
- In-House Counsel
- Outide Counsel