Employees who are fired often make many legal claims that employers have to defend against including that they were discriminated against or that their was a breach of an implied contract. Managers often get promoted to manager without any training on the legal issues that they need to be aware regarding how to prevent liability for your organization. This HR 101 Webinar Series will provide the Do's and Don'ts of Firing and teach you what you need to know to avoid the top mistakes that employers often make when terminating employees. It will help you protect your organization from discrimination claims and other legal pitfalls that arise when terminating employees.
What You Will Learn in this 60-minute HR Webinar:
- What laws affect terminations of employees
- What is employment-at-will
- How to have effective employment policies to protect against liability
- What are the protected classes under federal law
- How to apply policies consistently to avoid discrimination claims
- How to document poor performance and build a paper trail
- How to draft a well written disciplinary warning
- How to draft a well written termination letter
- Line Managers
- HR Professionals
- General Managers
- Business Owners
Attend this informative and in-depth HR Webinar for all the answers to these and many more questions.