Employer Liability for Hiring and Firing
FMLA,ADA, ADEA, GINA and USERRA. Learn how to avoid employer liability for hiring and firing under each of these statutes. Find out how each of these laws interacts with the others to ensure that your company is in full compliance and adequately protected from employer liability for hiring and firing. Most employers do not know that in many states the state employment discrimination laws apply to employers with small numbers of employees such as 4 or more employees. In addition, USERRA applies to employers with one or more employees and theADA applies to employers with 15 or more employees. Yet small employers do not understand their legal obligations with regard to these laws and are not prepared for the financial burdens of employment discrimination litigation. Learn how to protect your company and yourself (managers can be held personally liable under most state fair employment laws, for example underNew YorkStates Human Rights Law). This employment law seminar will review the life cycle of employment from hiring to firing and review the impact that each of the employment discrimination laws has on each phase of employment. This employment law Webinar is a must for small employers! A two-hour on-line HR Webinar with ample time for questions and answers on employer liability for hiring and firing.
In this two-hour on-line live HR Webinar, you will:
- Learn about the federal, state and local employment laws and how they impact interviews.
- Pre-Employment Inquiries and What Questions are Lawful and Which Ones are Unlawful
- Learn about the ADA's prohibition on Pre-employment Physicals Until a Conditional Offer of Employment Has Been Made
- Develop an understanding of what information can be in an offer letter and what information should not be included in such a letter.
- Learn about the two different types of harassment including quid pro quo and hostile work environment
- Understand how to prevent sexual harassment as well as the other protected classes under federal and state law including age, race, disability, etc.
- Learn about theories of liability for harassment by co-workers as well as by supervisors
- Be aware of the about eligibility requirements of the FMLA and ADA
- Become familiar with what a serious health condition is under FMLA as well as the definition of a disability under the ADA
- Learn about the recent amendments to the FMLA, ADA and the DOLs Revised FMLA Regulations
- Learn about intermittent and reduced-schedule leave under the FMLA
- Understand what a reasonable accommodation is under the ADA and about an employers need to engage in the interactive process under the ADA
- Learn how to Protect your company from liability for discrimination when terminating employees
- Become Familiar with Employment-at-Will Concepts
- Reduce Employer Liability for Hiring and Firing
HR Learning Center's two-hour on-line employment law training HR Webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session