INTERMITTENT FMLA LEAVE HR WEBINAR
Understanding how to administer FMLA leave is hard enough without having to also figure out intermittent FMLA leave. This legalistic and complicated aspect of the FMLA will be broken down for your HR Department into easy to understand compliance tips and how-to's to ensure that your organization is in compliance and knows how to ensure that your employees are not abusing intermittent FMLA leave. This webinar will provide the answers to your most challenging intermittent FMLA questions such as whether you are allowed to transfer an employee to another position that better accommodates intermittent FMLA leave, whether employees are always entitled to intermittent FMLA leave and how to prevent intermittent FMLA leave abuse.
What you will learn in this one hour on-line live interactive HR Webinar:
- Review intermittent leave requirements step-by-step.
- Discuss the definition of a "serious condition" and strategies for getting an employee to provide notification to the employers.
- Understand when you can request physician certifications and second opinions
- Learn about when the employer's may contact a physician directly
- Understand what documentation you can ask the employee to provide before he or she takes intermittent FMLA leave.
- Ensure your FMLA policy includes language that best manages intermittent leave with the least workplace disruptions.
- Review the 4 methods for counting the 12-month period such as the calendar year and rolling 12-month methods for calculating intermittent leave
- Tips for which method of calculating the 12-month period works best for the employer.
- Learn about required notifications from employees before they can take intermittent FMLA leave
- Discuss how to reduce FMLA intermittent leave fraud and abuse
- AND MUCH MORE!
HR Learning Center's 60 minute on-line employment law training HR Webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- In-House Counsel
- Line Managers
- HR Professionals
- General Managers
- Business Owners