INTERMITTENT FMLA LEAVE: CURBING ABUSE
Employees believe that they can pull the wool over your eyes with leave of absences and the FMLA. Although some use a leave of absence for legitimate health conditions, others abuse the FMLA and your leave of absence policies and try to get away with leave of absences even though they are not even entitled to the protections of the FMLA or your leave policies.
This informative audio conference will provide you with tips to avoid FMLA abuse with regard to intermittent leave in your workplace. You will learn about the FMLA and what it requires so that you can prevent your employees from taking advantage of this law and of your leave of absence policies.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn the top FMLA abuses employees try to get away with including: misusing intermittent leave, faking a serious health condition and taking FMLA leave to care for family members not covered by the FMLA.
- Understand the most employer-friendly methods for determining the 12-month period to use for calculating intermittent leave. Avoid letting employees take twice the length of time they are entitled to.
- Best practices for handling intermittent FMLA leave
- Learn what to include in your leave of absence and FMLA policies to reduce potential abuse.
- Understand your rights as an employer when an employee takes intermittent or reduced schedule leave, including transferring employees to alternative positions.
- Know the exceptions to the requirement for reinstatement at the end of FMLA leave.
- Best Practices for including all of an employees qualifying time when it comes to calculating FMLA leave.
- Discover how employees might be abusing the medical certification process.
- Understand the legal pitfalls that can derail your compliance efforts.
Who Will Benefit Most from This FMLA Webinar:
- HR Professionals
- HR Directors
- In-House Counsel
- Business Owners