GINA, FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES, CREDIT HISTORY AND OTHER NEW PROTECTED CLASSES
HR and Managers need to be prepared for the upcoming litigation that will result from the passage of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) that prohibits discrimination based on a new protected class genetic information. The EEOC has recently become quite aggressive enforcing this recent employment discrimination law bringing lawsuits against many organizations. This HR Webinar will provide best practices to avoid violation of this new federal law as well as tips on methods to ensure compliance. In addition, this webinar will also cover the EEOCs focus on Family Responsibilities Discrimination as well as some of the other new protected classes under state and local laws and how these new protected classes affect your policies and practices in the workplace. We will also cover the recent amendments to the FLSA set forth in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that require employers to provide reasonable break time to nursing mothers and its state counterparts that often prohibit discrimination and harassment based upon requesting this reasonable break time to express milk at work.
In this 60 minute HR Webinar you will learn:
- What discrimination is prohibited by GINA
- How to Ensure Compliance with GINA
- Recent Cases and Complaints Filed under GINA
- EEOCs Focus on Family Responsibilities Discrimination
- Could Caregiver Status be a new protected class?
- Credit History as a Protected Class
- Gender Identity as a Protected Class
- Nursing Moms as a Protected Class
HR Learning Center's 60 minute on-line employment law training HR Webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation on Avoiding Employer Liability
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session
This live on-line HR Webinar is a must for all HR Professionals! Sign-up today on-line.