2023 will be an important year for employers. There are many cases that are pending before courts and federal agencies such as the EEOC and the Department of Labor dealing with employment law issues that are top priority for employers such as wage and hour issues among many others. There are also many state laws employers need to be aware of such as those dealing with paid sick leave, medical marijuana, providing reasonable accommodations to your pregnant employees and the prohibition about asking for past salary during interviews.
In addition to cases to be aware of in 2023, this HR webinar will also discuss major court and federal agency decisions that may impact how employers operate in 2023.
Other interesting federal circuit court decisions will be explored as well such as the recent Sixth Circuit decision in EEOC v. Ford Motor Company. In this case, a female employee at the Ford Motor Company with irritable bowel syndrome requested to work remotely as a reasonable accommodation under the ADA. The court in this case set forth the 21st century changes to the workplace which now make it much harder for an employer to claim that it would be an undue burden to allow employees to work remotely. The case also focuses on what employers need to do if they plan on claiming that being physically present in the office is an essential function of an employee’s job.
Join us for this informative HR Webinar discussing the impact of recent federal cases on the workplace and how employers need to prepare for the changes that these decisions may bring. The following is just some of the information you will receive during this conference including:
- Discussion of working remotely as a “reasonable accommodation” under the ADA
- Providing reasonable accommodations to pregnant employees
- Providing paid sick leave under the state law in many jurisdictions
- Compensable Time issues under the FLSA and why the Supreme Court held that time spent waiting to go through security checkpoints was not compensable time under the FLSA
- Supreme Court to Decide Three LGBTQ Cases: Changed LGBTQ Rights for Years to Come
- Understand what you need to do to prepare for many of the changes to come.
Who Should Attend this Live HR Webinar:
- In-House Counsel
- Outside Counsel
- General Counsel
- Business Owners
- HR Professionals