Substance Abuse and the ADA-HR Webinars
Managing employees can be hard enough but often managers get tripped up by tricky issues such as handling Substance Abuse and the ADA in the workplace. Active drug users in the workplace can impact productivity and cause attendance and absenteeism problems in addition to performance issues. Find out whether these workers are protected by the ADA and what your supervisors should do to manage them in compliance with the ADA in this HR Webinar focused on substance abuse and the ADA. Substance Abuse and the ADA issues often occur in the workplace. Recovering Alcoholics and Drug Addicts also can cause Substance Abuse and the ADA issues. Find out how each of these is treated by the ADA and get best tips on how your managers can best manage these employees and still be legally compliant.
In this 60 minute HR Webinar presented by attorney Melissa Fleischer, you will learn:
- Tips to keep in mind when handling workplace substance abuse issues
- Misconceptions that may lead to discrimination against employees with substance abuse problems
- About the anti-discrimination laws and how it applies to disabled workers with substance abuse problems.
- Which workers are protected by the ADA when they have substance abuse issues
- The legal distinction between a current drug addict and a recovering drug addict and how that impacts their protections under the ADA
- What you can and cannot do in applying performance standards to such disabled employees
- Tips to effectively handle worker drug and alcohol abuse while staying within the law
- Resources available in your organization for managing substance abuse issues.
HR Learning Center's 60 minute on-line employment law training HR Webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session