Are you concerned that your organization could be the target of a new organizing campaign by a union? Do you want to have a better understand of what you can lawfully do and not do if you are the subject of a union organizing campaign? Don’t be caught unprepared. Our live two-hour seminar will provide you with key steps on how to stay union free and recommended actions if you do become a union target.
This seminar will help you better understand what actually occurs on the union side -- how they choose a target and why. This will provide you with an insider’s look at what goes on at that union headquarters so you can better understand how to avoid and best prepare for a union organizing campaign.
But what happens if your efforts to stay union-free are unsuccessful and a union now becomes the representative for some or all of your employees. What will this mean for you and what will change with regard to managing in a represented environment? The answer is almost everything will change which will require that you get up-to-speed fast and have a better understanding of labor relations and how to ensure that you are able to best manage your workplace while being covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Join legal expert Melissa Fleischer, Esq., President and Founder of HR Learning Center LLC and a union avoidance expert, as they walk you through this maze of legal issues and ensure that you are not only in compliance with the relevant labor laws but also prepared for what the changes of going from an unrepresented workplace to a represented workplace will mean for you.
Some of the many takeaways from this engaging and informative seminar include:
- Strategies to Stay Union Free
- Signs of a Union Campaign
- Local Union Trends
- Effective Management in a Represented Environment
- Overview of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Effective Strategies for Engaging in Progressive Discipline
- Methods to Communicate with Represented Employees
- Managing Conflicts in the Workplace
- Managing Work and Family Leave Concerns
- Managing Attendance and Tardiness Issues
- Overview of Arbitrations and Grievance Hearings
What is included in this Staying Union Free Labor Relations Seminar:
- Live on-site seminar presented by an experienced union-avoidance expert and experienced management-side labor relations attorney
- Power Point Presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- HRCI Recertification Credits
- Question and Answer Session
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Labor Relations Professionals
- HR Professionals
- General Managers
- Business Owners
- Line Managers
- In-House Counsel