COVID-19 has changed the world as we knew it. It also has made your job in HR so much more difficult. So many new laws, guidelines and regulations from federal, state and local levels. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act, requiring employers with less than 500 employees to provide paid emergency FMLA and paid sick leave to employees. The American Plan Rescue Act was passed by Congress which allows employers to provide paid COVID leave and receive tax credits through September 30, 2021. Every federal agency has also issued multiple guidelines on staying safe in the workplace including OSHA, the CDC, the EEOC, etc. The EEOC has recently updated its guidance to include that employers can ask for proof of vaccination and can require that employees be vaccinated. The EEOC also made clear that employers can provide incentives for getting vaccinated without running afoul of the ADA or GINA. The pandemic is also such a fluid situation that changes day-to-day and staying on top of it can be overwhelming for you in HR. This informative webinar will provide the answers to all your questions on COVID-19 and more from a legal perspective. Can you take employee’s temperatures before allowing them into the workplace, can you force them to leave the workplace if they have signs of having COVID-19? What are your OSHA requirements vis-à-vis COVID-19 based on the latest OSHA updated guidance? How do you ensure compliance with the latest OSHA and CDC guidelines? Is COVID-19 a recordable illness for purposes of Form 300? When an employee tests positive for COVID-19 and is out of the office, how long do you have to wait until they can safely return? The answers to these and many more questions will be provided during this 75 minute live on-line webinar presented by employment law expert, Melissa Fleischer, Esq. Melissa will provide a thirty-minute overview of some of the most important questions she gets asked by HR professionals on COVID-19 and then she will provide you with 45 minutes to ask your own questions on any and all topics related to COVID-19 and the federal laws and guidelines all of us need to ensure compliance with.
Some of the many topics covered will include answers to:
- Can you take an employee’s temperature before allowing them into the workplace?
- Whether you can force an employee to leave the workplace if they have signs of having COVID-19?
- Can you force an employee to get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Can you provide incentives to encourage employees to get the vaccine?
- Do you have to create an isolation room for employees that get sick in the workplace?
- What documents do you need to keep to help defend in your organization from any potential wrongful death or negligence lawsuits if an employee gets seriously sick or dies from COVID-19 contracted in your workplace?
- What are your OSHA requirements vis-à-vis COVID-19?
- How do you ensure compliance with the latest OSHA and CDC guidelines?
- Is COVID-19 a recordable illness for purposes of Form 300?
- When an employee tests positive for COVID-19 and is out of the office, how long do you have to wait until they can safely return?
- And much more…..