There are so many questions that HR has on how to ensure compliance with the wage and hour laws with this Coronavirus pandemic. Can your organization use volunteers during this health crisis to help get more workers? What are your obligations if your business is closed due to lack of business or due to orders by the state that non-essential businesses must close. Do you still have to pay nonexempt workers who may have worked for part of the week before you closed? What about exempt workers? If your workers have to work additional hours to meet demand such as making masks for healthcare workers, is it alright not to pay them overtime due to this emergency? This webinar will cover answers to this and many more questions to ensure that your organization stays legally compliant with the FLSA and wage and hour laws during this crisis.
Some of the many important things you will learn during this live coronavirus webinar:
- Does a quarantine of your business change your obligations during this health crisis?
- Do you have to pay nonexempt employees for the days your are closed if they worked a partial week before your business closed?
- What are your obligations to exempt workers?
- Can you use volunteers to deal with your demand for additional workers?
- Do you still have to pay overtime during a global health emergency like the Coronavirus?
- Can you require your workers to telecommute during the Coronavirus crisis?
- And much more….