The World Health Organization has declared the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic. Employers need to prepare and understand how to protect employees, clients, customers today. This informative webinar will provide in-depth information on what employers can do now to prepare for the novel coronavirus as well as what types of leave and other resources employers should be offering to their employees. Can an employee take FMLA leave? What about paid FMLA under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act ("FFCRA")? Is the novel coronavirus a serious health condition within the meaning of the FMLA? Is the novel coronavirus a disability within the meaning of the ADA and the ADAAA? Would an employee qualify for short-term disability? Other issues will be discussed as well including OSHA requirements for keeping employees safe, cleaning protocols and how to brave this pandemic storm.
Among the many things that you will take away from this webinar include:
- Understanding what the coronavirus is, how it spreads and how best to protect your employees, clients, customers
- What resources are available for you to provide to employees who have to be out on a leave of absence
- Are employees entitled to FMLA leave?
- What paid leave under the FFCRA does an employer have to provide?
- Would the Coronavirus constitute a "serious health condition" under the FMLA?
- Would a leave of absence constitute a reasonable accommodation under the FMLA?
- Would an employee that got the coronavirus from doing their job be entitled to worker's compensation?
- Should you offer paid leave to encourage employees to stay out of the workplace when they have COVID-19?
- What duty do you have to notify customers, clients, other employees when an employee in the workplace has the coronavirus, COVID-19?
- What type of liability could your organization face for failing to adequately protect your employees?
- And much more!!!!