FMLA COMPLIANCE: TOP 10 TIPS FOR COMPLIANCE K-12 SCHOOLS - HR WEBINAR
FMLA compliance is difficult for employers. However, it becomes even harder to ensure compliance when you are a K-12 school system. The FMLA has special rules that schools need to understand to ensure compliance with this legalistic and complicated law. This HR Webinar will help you understand how to ensure compliance including having a better understanding of "who is an instructional employee" and the special rules for "instructional employees" that request intermittent or reduced-schedule leave. Learn how to deal with teachers who take FMLA leave close to the end of the school year. This step-by-step webinar will provide you with the top 10 tips for ensuring FMLA compliance in your school.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS HR WEBINAR
Just a sampling of the many practical tips you'll take away:
- Understand the Top 10 tips for K-12 FMLA Compliance
- Review the special FMLA rules for K-12 schools and understand your legal compliance obligations
- Understand which schools are subject to these special rules and which are not
- Learn the meaning of "educational institution" under the FMLA
- Discuss who is an "instructional employee" under the law
- Understand how to deal with teacher leaves of absence that occur near the end of the school year
- Learn what your obligations are for continuing a teacher's benefits who is on FMLA over the summer
- Understand the special rules for instructional employees who require intermittent or reduced-schedule leave
- Learn the definition of "academic term"
- And of course Much More!!!
HR Learning Center's 60 minute on-line employment law training webinar includes the following:
- On-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session