HR technology thought leader Marc Miller and Cyber expert Bob Schiff explore cybersecurity key themes and best practices with HR Professionals. The objective is to educate our attendees on how HR, working with IT/Security, must take the lead in educating the workforce within the organization so that the full employee population gains an understanding of the internal cybersecurity threats and how HR can build best practices to help IT/Security prevent, detect, and respond to information security threats within an organization, and to implement other measures to minimize cyber risks. Among the topics covered are:
- Today's Cybersecurity landscape: the Impact, cost and & effect of Cyber attacks to America's corporations
- HR's role in helping IT build and communicate appropriate Cyber defenses
- Cybersecurity best practices
- Why HR must be involved (with IT)
- HR's direct involvement - in Five Key areas:Phishing awareness and training
- knowledge of the workforce
- support in cyber security hiring
- management of HRMS and protecting HR data
- understanding and administration of workforce rights
- ongoing delivery of cyber awareness to the workforce
- Workforce Best Practices
- Employee Mindset / vigilance
- Workforce travel cyber safety best practices
- Password practices
Key learning objectives and takeaways:
- Learning the depth and breath of cyber attacks, the cost to US corporations.
- Understanding that HR must partner with IT within the corporation to develop, document and distribute formal policies to build the workforce awareness of cyber threats.
- HR must implement workforce initiatives regarding password management and to instill workforce diligence - even to the point of employee-to- employee oversight and diligence. Employees must be educated in cyber safety policies and procedures to protect their own data and the dissemination of reports from HR technology.
- To educate HR executives in what they should require from third party HR technology vendors regarding their HRMS functionality, security and privacy.
HR Learning Center's 60 minute on-line employment law training webinar includes the following:
- Live on-line training by an experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Hand Outs
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session
Who Will Benefit Most from This Webinar:
- HR Professionals
- HR Directors
- In-House Counsel
- Business Owners