Everything Public Sector Employers Need to Comply With The Law and Regulations
- On June 7, 2006 New York State passed a law requiring public employers to provide workplace violence prevention training to their employees.
- In compliance with this law, the New York State Department of Labor issued regulations effective August 27, 2009 that require all New York Public Sector Employers to provide workplace violence prevention training to their employees.
- HR Learning Centers Public Sector Workplace Violence Prevention On-Site Training Seminars and our On-line Training Webinars are in compliance with both New York Law as well as the New York State Department of Labor Regulations.
- HR Learning Center has been at the forefront of providing this training having developed our workplace violence prevention training seminars to ensure compliance with this law immediately after the law was passed in 2006.
Fully Compliant with New York Workplace Violence Prevention Law and Regulations
- Our Public Sector Workplace Violence Prevention Training Seminars go beyond just providing workplace violence prevention training.
- HR Learning Center will create a workplace violence prevention policy that is compliant with New York Law and Regulations
- We also ensure that public sector employers are in compliance with the New York law and regulations by providing assistance to public employers with developing their overall written workplace violence program
- We also assist in conducting the initial risk evaluation and assessment required by the law.
- We provide a step-by-step guide for public employers to ensure they are fully compliant with the New York State Public Employer Workplace Violence Prevention Law.
Key Elements of What the New York State Workplace Violence Prevention Law and Regulations Require
- A public sector employer must develop and implement a written workplace violence prevention policy
- The workplace violence prevention policy must include incident alert and notification procedures for employees in the event of an incident
- A public sector employer must perform a risk evaluation and examine incident reports to identify patterns
- Public Sector Employers with 20 or more full-time employees must develop a written workplace violence prevention program
- All Public Sector Employers must provide workplace violence prevention training annually
- All Public Sector Employers must develop and maintain reporting systems for incidents of workplace violence
- All Public Sector Employers must prohibit retaliation for reporting workplace violence
HR Learning Center's Public Sector Workplace Violence Prevention Training Seminars include the following:
- Drafting or Review and revision of workplace violence prevention policy that is compliant with the law and regulations
- On-Site or On-Line training by a skilled experienced employment attorney
- Power point presentation
- Short video on Workplace Violence Prevention
- Hand Outs
- Game Show Style Quiz Training Game
- Certificate of Attendance Forms
- Training Attendance Forms
- Question and Answer Session
- Follow-Up Session one week after the Workplace Violence Prevention Training Seminar
- Assistance with conducting the Risk Evaluation
- Assistance with Drafting the Written Workplace Violence Prevention Program
- Assistance with Development of a Reporting System for Workplace Violence Incidents